Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yeehaw, Cowgirl!

So many things happened last night!  I don't know where to begin.  

The sunset ride was beautiful!  We rode through tall pine trees with the sun's rays slanting through the trunks onto the tall green grass.  We climbed to a bear ridge then stopped to rest in the grass and watch the sun.  It was one of my favorite rides.

After our sunset ride, i was stepped on.  By Raindance.  I was expecting a missing big toenail left from a swollen toe.  But thankfully, it wasn't that bad.  My toes we just a little swollen and red, but they recovered quickly. 

As we were dismounting from the sunset ride, Eva complained of a hurting ear.  We didn't think it was a big deal, but there ended up being something in her ear.  Isaac and I were sent to the lodge, while Mom tried to calm Eva.  Later Mom came to the lodge and told the staff and us that Eva happened to have a bug lodged in her ear.  Mom asked to pray, and that's what we did.  Finally, after much work, the bug (or bug body part, or weird clump) came out of Eva's ear.  We were all relieved.  Eva feels lots better.  But now we are all a little nervous of bugs around our ears.  

Today we rode up the ridge behind the lodge.  It was long and tiring, and VERY buggy.  But it was a good experience, and I had a good time.

This afternoon I did more loping.  I love it so much! Mom did it with me this time.  She likes it too.

Tonight we did a little country dancing.  It is so fun!  I was taught the pretzel, and some other dance moves.  

Now it's time for a good night sleep!

(I will post some pics tomorrow of the happenings over the past few days).

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You had quite an exciting night/day! I'm glad you and Eva are all right. (You know, Eva, pockets are a better place to keep souvenirs!) :)Tell Isaac to be extra careful; we don't want him to be the next one hurt!

    Maybe we can have a dance party when you get home. I can't wait to learn some of those dance moves!

    Love, Aunt Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had quite a day. Beautiful sunsets, stepped on toes, bugs in ears and dancing(I guess you toe wasn't too bad then). It still sounds like a lot of fun. Even your Mom is getting into the act.
    BTW I heard the coyotes this morning. Yelping too, must have pups.

    Grandma Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY! What tales you have to tell! And you do it so well, Riley. So glad that your toes and Eva's ear are better....too bad for the bug, though. :) I imagine your Mom and Dad really enjoyed the country dancing...did it bring back memories, Tif?

    It sounds like your days are full of wonderful and exciting things, Riley. I'm sure your treasuring as much of this in your heart as you can. Have you thought about sketching Raindance for your journal? If you don't have time with all the loping, flying down trails, dancing, bug extractions and joke telling (:)), take a picture of her so you can draw from it later on. Just a thought! I know how much you LOVE to draw. It would be a great addition to your magazine. I'd buy a few copies of that! :)

    Enjoying your blog!
    Mrs. Lampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am glad you are having fun! Email me! ! ! ! ! !
    love,
    baylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having so much fun! Wish I was there too! It looks so beautiful. Don't worry about the bugs, they don't eat much :-) see ya
    love
    francie

    ReplyDelete