I mounted first. I was so excited! My horse's name was Raindancer. Isn't that the coolest name? And guess what, he is a paint! My favorite breed! He doesn't have much color designs, but he has a few white splotches here and there. After I mounted, Mitchell told me how to handle Raindancer, then let me walk around in the field while the others mounted their horses. Next Eva mounted Pringles, a white-gray horse. Then Isaac mounted Hector, a bay. Then Mom and Dad got on theirs, Mason and Rock, white and chestnut horse. Then we were off on our first ride! Almost the first thing we did was walk through a mountain stream!! My dream!
Isaac and Eva just LOVE to ride! I was surprised Isaac was so excited. Eva's horse has a hard time seeing, so Eva loves to talk to talk to him. Eva tells us that he is the perfect horse for her, becuase she can comfort it when it has trouble on the trails. She was telling Mom, "Pringles must be scared becuase he can't see very well. So i must comfort him and make him feel better."
There are normaly two rides per day. During our afternoon ride, we mostly rode through thick, tall pine tress. Isaac cracked a joke while we were riding. He said, "There is nothing out here but a bunch of bodiless elephants."
"Bodiless Elephants?"
"Yah, all you can see is their trunks!"
Dad is calling me to go to bed. I must admit, I m pretty tired.
Another day as has passed at Medicine Bow Lodge!
Wow Riley! so cool Sunnigirlz needs these pics! Have a great rest of the time!
ReplyDeletelove,
Shine
I am so glad that Isaac and Eva like to ride. What a great time. It couldn't be better for your family! How do Mom and Dad like to ride?
ReplyDeleteRiley, your writing is great. I'm glad that Isaac and Eva are enjoying theirselves and loving to ride. How about Mom and Dad? Tell Isaac I love his joke and tell Eva to keep on encouraging Pringles. You look pretty cool setting on Raindancer. I actually woke up at 4 a.m. and checked your blog.
ReplyDeleteBy the way that last post was from Grandma Alice. Who else would be awake at 4 a.m.
ReplyDeleteHey, all. Riley's dad here. We are all enjoying the riding. I woke this morning a bit sore from the saddle, but it is quite worth all the adventure. Yesterday, the Kinsolvings saw a moose and her calf, which we hear can be quite dangerous. We are heading out for a morning ride in about 20 minutes, so I'm sure Riley will update you later today. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Riley Bone! I hardly know what to say first! I loved your descriptions; thanks for telling us the names of the horses everyone got and I loved thinking about Eva and her sight-impaired horse. She's right...the perfect horse for her!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures, especially the one on the actual trail, are breathtaking. I know you're savoring every minute. I'm so glad God blessed you with this trip!
Love, Aunt Andrea
Hi Riley! This is Spencer. I saw the horses and they look beautiful. Hope you're having a good time on the trails. Tell Isaac I liked his joke and that he should be a comedian. Tell Eva to keep up the good work with Pringles. Tell your Dad to get a picture of his horse and tell your Mom that she's doing a good job taking care of you guys.
ReplyDeleteI'm liking that Reds, hat Hound Dog! It looks good on you. Thanks for keeping us updated!!!
ReplyDelete